Admission Policy & Process
- Check the eligibility criteria for admission into a medical college in Pakistan, as per the PMDC regulations.
- Register for and take the Medical and Dental College Admission Test (MDCAT) conducted annually by the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC).
- Admissions will be announced after the announcement of MDCAT results for MBBS program on the date notiﬁed by the Council.
- Applicants are required to apply online through asmc.edu.pk (the portal link will be live after the announcement of the MDCAT result).
- Candidates are required to upload requisite documents such as SSC / Equivalent, HSSC (Pre-Medical) / Equivalent and MDCAT result along with prescribed fee challan.
- Applicants who are applying on the basis of A Level/ Foreign qualiﬁcation are required to get the equivalence from IBCC and enter equivalent marks in online form.
- Foreign/Overseas applicants can apply for both categories i.e Local & Foreign/Overseas, they are required to submit separate applications for each admission type (if fall in both categories).
- Candidates will be provided application number/login and password through email.
- The application fee of Rs: 2000/- per program is mandatory and is not refundable. (Mode of Payment is given on Online form)
- A candidate will be offered admission to medical college on meeting the eligibility criteria and achieving competitive score on merit list .
- Merit list will be compiled by ASMC as per weightage formula mentioned below.
- Merit lists will be uploaded on websites and college notice board from time to time and candidates will be given 3 days after each merit list to pay the fees and submit necessary documents.
- Subsequent merit list will be uploaded on website upon completion of the deadline of submission of fees given to selected candidates in earlier merit list.
- Moreover, candidates who missed their chance to submit the fee within the prescribed deadline they will not be considered in new merit list and list shall be filled with the next candidate in the merit .
- This process will continue until all the seats are filled or by the deadline mentioned by PM& DC.
- In case of two candidates having the same total marks in final merit list, the candidate having an age older than the other shall be put higher on the merit list.
- Admission shall be confirmed only upon receipt of tuition fee within due date.
- It is mandatory for students to inform college about earlier confirmed admission in any other institute. As per PMDC regulations failure by a student to cancel the prior acceptance of admission shall render all admission offers of the student void and the student shall be ineligible for admission